Saturday, May 5, 2012


                UNMASKING THE JEZEBEL SPIRIT - PART 2 ([1])          d 


IV. What Happens if we Compromise with the Spirit of Jezebel?

-          Reference: Revelation 2:20-21; 2:26-27

-          If we compromise with the spirit of Jezebel, it reduces the level of authority we possess. It affects our petitioning to the Father both for ourselves and for others. Our authority level is linked to our purity level.

-          Jezebel is a demonic power that transcends geographical boundaries and can affect nations. Whatever region the spirit enters, it will work with the ruling principality of that territory. It operates with principalities and powers that torment people, i.e., the spirits of religion, manipulation, control, lust, perversion and the occult. These spirits work together with the Jezebel spirit to build strongholds in a person’s mind.

-          The moment a Jezebel stronghold gets entry into a person’s mind, it is defined as ‘coming under’ the influence of a Jezebel spirit. The person’s rational and reasoning process begins to get worse and worse as the days go by. The person’s thoughts and actions become distorted. Love for Jesus grows cold; hunger for the Word and prayer life becomes lesser and lesser. Thoughts get worldly.

V. What MUST a Victim Do?

-          GET OUT OF THIS FRIENDSHIP RELATIONSHIP.

-          Reference: Ephesians 6:18; 2 Corinthians 2:11

VI. CHARACTERISTICS OF A JEZEBEL SPIRIT

  1. Sows lawlessness or divisiveness in church
      2.Seeks for position.
     
      3. The fruit of his/her spirit causes dissensions, strife and immorality.

  1. Seizes authority (2 Samuel 15:4-6).


  1. The motivation or driving force behind one’s actions is pride.

    VII. SOME WAYS BY WHICH A JEZEBEL SPIRIT WORKS IN A CHURCH THROUGH SOMEONE INFLUENCED BY IT

    1. Using flattery (motive: gain position and control).

    1. Pitting one against the other (create relational triangle: a,b,c – dissension, strife produced, ensnared by lies; others lose focus).

    1. Strategic alliances or affiliation (Acts 16:16-18).

    1. Creating spiritual dependency in others (walking in a higher plane than others, manipulative at home, church).

    1. Private counseling and prayer sessions.

    1. Exhibiting a religious spirit.

    1. Family life is often in disorder.

    VIII. 10 WARNING FLAGS

    Listed are ten warning flags that pastors have identified prior to an outbreak of the Jezebel Spirit manifesting itself in their congregations. (2)

    1. “I just want to be your friend.” More than likely, people who say these things will have expectations that you will never be able to meet.
    2. “I just want to help you get to where God has called you.” In other words, “you cannot get to your destiny without me.” Beware!
    3. “There are no strings attached to my help. I just want to serve.” However, you will find many hidden strings.
    4. “You can trust me. I will support you.” Such people will support you as long as you do what they say.
    5. “You do not acknowledge my gifting.” People like this are asking you for more authority in the church.
    6. “You do not understand me.” This is a veiled cry for you to spend more time with them than you have available.
    7. “You intimidate me. I do not feel like I can talk to you.” In other words, “My goals should become your goals.”
    8. “I have new revelation. The pastor has Old Testament understanding and I have New Testament understanding.” In other words, “I am right and you are wrong.”
    9. “The Lord has given me some things that I need to share with you.” Duck! You’ll probably be receiving a harsh spanking.
    10. “My last pastor did not know how to use me or my gifts.” In other words, they are saying, “Let me have my way.”
    ___________________________
    (2) John Paul Jackson, “Unmasking The Jezebel Spirit.” North Sutton, New Hampshire: Streams Publication. 2002.



([1]) Credit is given to Pastor Francis Ng of the Tabernacle of Christ Church in Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment