Saturday, July 14, 2012

Become A Lion Chaser

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out  problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and take risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Consider the lillies. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep from worshipping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze a new trail. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away. Chase the lion!
"In The Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day" - Mark Batterson

2 comments:

  1. Wow, thank you pastor I needed those encouraging words. The whole chase the lion phrase smacks me in the face EVERYTIME I hear it, in my line of work I do chase and wrestle with a lot of different animals and the whole thought of chasing the lion just gets me. I know with god leading me in the charge I can chase the lion and the bear, but you know I never leave the safety of my truck without the proper tool for the job no matter what the animal might be. So god equip me give me courage and lead me today to whip the lions of life,,,, good cup pastor....was a good cup

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left a really good job over a year ago in the midst of a rocky economy led by a conviction in my soul that there is something else God wants me to do. I have spent this last year getting still, listening, learning, and it's been incredible! I'm beginning to get a little anxious now. I am progressive by nature. However, the lesson for me is to TRUST...always. When I examine my heart...I'm ready. When the Lion shows up, I will see it. It could be that my job is to see the opportunities everyday, every moment, that show up in a phone call, a smile, or ordinary everyday encounters, in an ordinary job that we so often overlook. Coming to understand that has been a process too.

    ReplyDelete